Thursday, October 23, 2014

Re SEEING and a little SEWING

Years ago, before Oma went to live in Heaven with Jesus
she taught Princess 
How to SEW
when Oma passed away
Princess.. stopped sewing.
Last Year, as a part of her American Heritage Girls troop,
she went to a local sewing shop 
and took a class
and sewed the COOLEST overnight bag EVER..
I am so jealous of it,
I (throat clear) borrow it ..
quite often..
BUT!!!!
enough confession time..
Princess and I dreamed up a dream 
to DEAL with 
one of my nightmares
I have this laundry HALLWAY
but I have 6 people living here.
FOUR are of the MALE persuasion…
that = a LOT of laundry!
perhaps because of the kind of males they are..
messy, hiking,
gear head
hunting
diy
kind of guys

which means I am dreaming
that my SOME day dream home will have a laundry ROOM…
not a laundry closet.
I have done EVERYTHING to organize it..
EVERYTHING to clean it.
DE CLUTTER IT
but
I am old enough to know NOW
what I didn't know in my 20's and 30's..
IT IS
WHAT IT IS

you can change YOU,
but you can't change other people.
They are, who THEY are.
Part of loving them, is studying them, getting to know them,
and preparing a home around them,
that works for them, and you.
NOT forcing them into a box of what YOU think a home should be.
SO
Welcome sewing class
we took some long drapes with a lovely pattern
found matching concept patterned floor mat
and 
a spring rod that extend and fits in showers or spots like this..
it WAS a closet..
but with my new washer dryer set
the doors don't fit..

Princess Measured
and cut
to make THIS!

Tadah!
It's still semi-organized behind there..
but it still looks awful BEHIND there in my opinion..
but now it ALWAYS looks good when I walk by..
I don't feel stressed..
I just have to keep CLOSING the curtains
because messy men
boys
keep OPENING It…
oi vey
try to save them..
and still
they just don't reach for that life preserver do they?
LOVE My guys !
and 
LOVE
LOVE 
LOVE 
my 
Princess
and her beautiful work!


No comments: