Thursday, December 22, 2011

Magical Swing

When I was a child...
I longed for a Tree swing..
there is something SO magical about a tree swing
BUT
I had a swing SET
in the far back corner of my suburban yard...
it was metal, with stripes, and I played on it and played on it 
it was VERY fun
but NEXT to it, we had an Apple tree
and I longed for a Sing on THAT
but apple trees are NOT the sort of tree you do that to
so..
I have NEVER had a tree with a swing..
until NOW
Magical?  
YES!
HUGE selling point right?
YEP
The Blessings LOVED this!  
The told all their friends about it!
They would swing on it often,
Like I had dreamed of doing as a child!
They even got ME to swing on it
and IT was grand!
well.. 
after a storm a few weeks back..
and I am certain ..
MUCH wear and tear...
I am sad to share with you
that on of the ropes broke
and my  OUR swing IS no more..
so..
we grieve
&
are on the hunt
for MORE wonderful spots to 
put more wee swings



No comments: