Friday, February 3, 2012

The Littlest Room Part 7 MEETS the Glamour Moms

ok
so those nasty dirty walls are CLEAN!
Time to Prime them with some fabulous prime stuff I picked up 
AT 
(drum roll)
my local 
(yes LOCAL)
True Value Dealer
it's Smart Prime by
Zinsser
Why THIS primer?
was it on sale?
nope
NOPE?
WHY then would you pay SO much for a PRIMER?
well.
read THIS
"Smart Prime was developed to give contractors everything they expect from an oil-base primer in a water-base formula that's VOC compliant everywhere," said Tim O'Reilly, business manager for Zinsser primers. "It combines the dependable stain-blocking of an oil-base with the exterior flexibility of a water-base – without sacrificing the convenience contactors are looking for – fast dry time, low-odor and easy soap and water clean-up."
If you want to READ MORE click on
for a really HELPFUL article on it.. 
it's where I got that cool quote by the way 
so I guess that I get excited about things like that, 
things like LOW VOC. 
WHY?
because.. 
a)it's a great product
b) I have LESS chance of becoming SEVERELY ILL
I have some serious chemical sensitivies..
and I have to THINK before I buy,
I have to research, and consider SO many things
(yes... like HOW icky my walls are)

With a gallon of that amazing Primer
we glamour moms 
(oh YES I get to say that, 
because it's MY BLOG)
we glamour moms
decided to TRIM the room out
for the girls to fill in
they were busy BEING young ladies
playing games
giggling
having fun mostly
but we glamour moms
trimmed out the edges
with some wine 
and some tunes

I was SHOCKED to learn Mrs O has never really
 painted
so here she is
being BAPTIZED
 into the wonderful world of 
priming and painting
I wonder if she'll 
catch the bug..
hmmm
ONLY time will tell 
perhaps 2 gallons would have been smarter
I didn't realize 
HOW VERY 
hungry my Pretty Plaster walls would be!

I keep using all this FABULOUS stuff
and well
will we HAVE enough?
here's a SUPER cool photo showing 
JUST how amazing a difference 
SLATHERING
the primer 
is making already!

whatcha think?
isn't it fantastic?
the wall
and the fabulous job
Mrs O
is doing...
uh oh..
this is SO much fun
we had 
BETTER GET OUT
and let the girls 
to THEIR THING
or..
we may be IN trouble
(off we go wine in hand)
gee
wish I would have got a photo
of any ONE of us
with brush in one hand
wine glass in the other
then you TOO might believe 
we are
THE
GLAMOUR
MOMS

No comments: