Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Learning about.. BATS

Our local Library was hosting an event
on BATS..
yes..
BATS..
flying rats?
yes..
BATS..
eeek
now… things one should like about Bats..
they.. enjoy dining on Mosquito's
anything that eats things I hate..
I have to .. sort of like..
sorta..
so we went..
to the Library..
Little Man found THESE.. and wouldn't leave
so I listened..
and big kids watched

I love that our Library hosts things like this
and i ADORE that our library has lots of hands on learning toys
like PUZZLES!

Here is the lovely lady..
and her bat

here is the flying brown rat..oops.. bat
it's native to our area

here is a very BIG creepy bat
like the kind that must live near my friends
who live in Africa..
reason #1 for my NOT living in Africa

yeah..
it's the TOP reason I have..
today
for not living there
MY local bat is tiny,
fuzzy 
and brown..
it ALMOST looks like a beanie baby
hers..
looks like it will SUCK MY BLOOD
but really it will only suck the juice of a fruit..
but still…
eeek..
so glad it's dark when they fly by..
what about you?

No comments: