Friday, August 3, 2012

NEW Skills Week.... Painting Class

they were offering a Paint Class
and 
well..
I LOVE PAINTING
I love chalk paint
but I also love any paint
watercolor
oils
acrylic
spray paint
really
i love to PAINT! 
but right now I am in a "chalk paint" phase...
I can't ACTUALLY imagine it ending
but we won't try now.. will we?
So In my Bible Study I am working through the book of 
PROVERBS
and was very convicted I needed to learn MORE skills
to be "sharp and ready"
capable, competent
seizing every "opportunity" to LEARN new skills
or learn ABOUT things I may need to know 
and this class was a GREAT opportunity to become more
SKILLFUL
and have FUN doing it! 
here are my boards 
here is one of them
all slathered up 
you are allowed to be messy MESSY with Annie's fun paint,
in fact for some techniques you NEED to be messy...
which can be a bit different...
and a bit cool 
i love this color..
provence 
here we smoothed on a glorious pink
and then 
wiped off some so that the gold leaf
underneath 
could be seen! 
pretty right? 
LOVE LOVE LOVE
the way this turned out!
but why aren't the step by step instructions on here?
why aren't there MORE photo's?
WHY didn't I get shots of all the pieces after?
the answer may surprise you...
 see these ladies in all these photos?
it is 
THEIR FAULT!
They are my classmates
and they are FUNNY
WITTY 
CHARMING & CREATIVE
and how does one FOCUS  on one's blog with an amazing group of ladies like this one?
one does not.
so sprinkle grace..
and lets move on
Julie, Ann, and their Mom Nancy
and they are NEW stockists for Annie Sloan !
They are wonderful teachers
and really kept things hopping in class!
I adore them all, and am so inspired by THEIR talent!
check THIS beauty out!
it's Provence
and some fun techniques done to it..
smooth as silk
you'd think it was peeling but it ISN'T!
off to paint!
have a happy day

1 comment:

DJ said...

Wonderful to meet you at class! It was definitely a fun night!