Monday, April 9, 2012

Littlest Room...walking on...

so to START with
the floors in the littlest room were SCARY to say the least
remember this???
and this??
and how even after sweeping all that mess up
it STUCK
like THIS???
and 
???
well  friends,
CLEAN UP TIME
 HAS COME!
and try as I might
I could find no ACTUAL way to get the floors clean
other than 
a good old fashioned scrub brush
some Murphy's Oil Soap
H20 in a bucket
and
 a wee bit of elbow grease
and
 knee grease for that matter ...
 (ouch!)
yep... 
it was a LABOR of love 
I started to feel the connection one feels to Ma Engles 
of Little House in the Big Wood
that floor was FILTHY!
started remembering the Last Samuri
and how that gal shot dagger eyes at tom cruise
when he just walked across the floor with his muddy boots 
after she cleaned the WHOLE floor...
yep..
after using all sorts of fancy floor cleaning items
and owning nice shiny floors
I started feeling a kindred spirit to women of the ages
and it was good
(painful) but good...
not that I need to bond with them all too often...

just once per room it would seem...
ugh

doesn't THAT look nice..???
wash your feet before entering!

I waited till the floors were dry
and got out my SMART PRIME!
by guess who?
Zissner ! :)

I edged it out keeping with the grain

i ended up going over that far wall on the right a second time 
realizing my mistake.. the people had previously stained AROUND only the rug
leaving beneath the rug BARE! 
thus where they stained will be more difficult to cover...

so I will go over that again

there all done..
time to dry!
tomorrow..
time for painting!
color?
white!!!
this is the smallest
darkest room in the house
and I want it to be the lightest
airy-iest
most romantic
dreamiest
room in the whole house
because it is going to be MINE!
now..
to shop online for MY new bed!
bliss!

No comments: