Monday, July 29, 2013

little bit of gardening

 This beautiful garden is NOT mine…
The life that is mine
is not so orderly
that I could even have TIME to have one...

This is my Amish friend Mrs. M's beautiful garden…
I adore it, walking through it with her, 
inspecting it,
looking at it from my new front porch…
yes..
that is one of the many reasons I don't have a garden yet…
The front porch..
the taking down of buildings and the mess it leaves behind…
WHICH requires ..
(throat clearing)
a LOT of sorting,
and cleaning up…
and 
the "taking way to long" to complete" 
chicken coop.../aviary…
oh..
AND
having four kids
AND 
not living here full time…
just a few of the reasons..
but probably..
I am just not as cool as Mrs. M…
she has a VERY beautiful garden..
so I come..
and I dream..
of perhaps next year 
and it makes my heart smile..
earlier this summer we were invited to help pick..

the children LOVE when we get invited to help

clearly it was not corn picking season...

but rather strawberry season!

juicy good red berries…
lush green leaves
on spry green stems..

We picked lots with Mrs. M
we snuck a few too..


i kept loving how she is so wise to eat so much ice cream…
how wonderful to be re using all these tubs with handles…
I REALLY need to speak to 
Machine Man about increasing 
OUR family ice cream allowance ...

to prepare for…
sweet days ahead

No comments: