Monday, April 8, 2013

Front porch update

what a view
I so look forward to just sitting out there and relaxing

since I snapped these photo's
Mr. M put up the new siding… 
and whilst I have been away 
he's finished the ceiling too!

Isn't it coming together 
beautifully?

I know.. yer looking at the "bare bones" of our project
but
I love the bones of a project
and I love dressing it too!

soon I get to hunt for
ceiling fans
(summer is coming soon!)
and can lighting
and a new porch light
then..
we'll have to dress it all up

here is the view leading to the back door
and the big supper bell 
:)
the stairs will lead down, and then
the steps will lead back up
we hope to make a path from where they meet 
into the garden…
every living plant directly NEXT to the house
will be pulled out and transplanted..
I don't trust the mice
we'll be building that up a bit and filling with stones
and putting some beautiful 
big plant containers there
field mice belong 
IN the field
and not in my basement 
not ever
so, I just think I ought to continue to deter them
so far so good!

so far, it's sure looking pretty
so eager for each step
our sweet farmhouse is REALLY coming together!


No comments: